I threw this together for a snack today, to hold us over until the late dinner we have planned with a friend. My hubby gave it his highest praise possible ("this is f***ing awesome," said with mouth full).
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- ~1 Tablespoon oil (we used olive)
- ~2 Tablespoons margarita mix (or lime juice with a pinch of sugar dissolved in in it)
- 3 shakes of cumin
- 2 shakes of chili powder
- ~1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- A bunch of fresh ground black pepper
- A fair amount of salt
Mash it all up with a fork or potato masher until smooth or whirl it in a food processor. We had ours with tortilla chips. And I'm betting that some diced hot peppers and cilantro would make a nice addition.